If you’re looking for all the information you need to get ahead in the world of CSGO betting then you’re in the right place! The recent closure of the CSGO Lounge has removed the incredibly popular skin betting and now means real money online bookmakers and casinos are your next best bet.
If you were are a fan of skin betting and are interested in CSGO bookmakers then we’re here to give you all the advice you need in order to make the most of CSGO betting, and to find the safest and best places to do so.
What is eSports Betting?
eSports gaming has exploded over recent years and with it so has the eSports match betting market. Match betting allows you to place bets on the outcome of an eSports match. With an ever-increasing number of professional tournaments for gaming enthusiasts to enjoy, the possibility of betting on their outcomes has made these occasions even more popular.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CSGO) has become one of the most popular games for match betting. Its popularity grew thanks to the variety of wagering options available, from real money to “gun-skin” gambling. Secondary markets were created around these tradable items, whereby players could use the skins like tokens in casino games. This occurred to the extent where gambling has become inseparable from CSGO’s culture.
Bet on CSGO
As huge eSports enthusiasts, it is our mission to provide you with everything you need to know about CSGO, from the best places to make bets to keeping you in the loop with all upcoming tournaments and CSGO events, so you never miss a game.
CSGO Betting has become one of the biggest betting markets in the game industry and if you’re interested in a share of the pickings then it’s best to be prepared!
As well as being able to bet on the outcomes of games, bookmakers are now offering even more opportunities for players. When exploring CSGO on betting sites, you’ll likely come across bets on individual maps, the correct final score, who will get the first kill, to who will win each round and more.
We have taken a great deal of time to find the best bookmakers in the industry, providing you with thorough and unbiased opinions, so you can make an educated decision before you part ways with your money.
Of course, this research not only helps you find the right bookmaker for you, but it also reveals any exciting bonuses and signup promotions that you can take advantage of to help your money go even further. So whether you are an experienced gambler looking for the best offers, or you’re new to the world of CSGO betting and need some guidance, we are here to help!
CSGO Betting: what you need to know
It’s always worthwhile understanding how a game works before betting on its outcome, so here is a brief explanation of how the game is played:
CSGO features 5v5 player action, where one side plays as “terrorist” and the other “counter-terrorist” teams.
- Each match consists of 30 rounds; the first team to win 16 rounds wins the match.
- At the 15 round mark, players switch teams from terrorist to counter-terrorist and vice versa.
- A round is won if the attacking team (terrorists) plants the bomb and it explodes or either team kills all the opposing team players.
When betting on CSGO, players have three available options:
– Real money
– In-game money
– In-game cosmetic ‘skins’
The Removal of Skin Betting
Wagering on these skins grew exponentially from 2015, to the extent where billions of dollars was exchanging hands unchecked. But a series of scandals, including owners gambling on their own sites and players being banned, led to Valve announcing its plan to stop skin betting sites.
The problem with using skin betting sites was that they were unregulated and therefore using them meant putting your trust into an unlicensed company. With Valve shutting down the skins market, it has left those who regularly gamble on CSGO skins without an outlet.
Fortunately there are plenty of alternative methods to place bets on eSports, that are entirely legal, and these come in the form of licensed bookmakers and online casinos. The likes of Ladbrokes, William Hill and Bet365 are but a few of the well-known bookmakers that provide eSports betting.
What distinguishes these sites from the skin betting sites is that any bet you place is secure; licensed bookmakers aren’t going to be shutdown without warning, your money is safe and they aren’t tied to Valve.
Placing bets on CSGO
eSports match betting can be conducted with money or by wagering skins on the outcome of a match. Traditionally there was more eSports coverage at skin match betting sites, but the changes Valve has made mean cash-based bookmakers are becoming the more likely choice when placing a wager.
Match betting is becoming a popular form of CSGO betting; this is when you place a wager on the outcome of a round/entire game, or the winner of a tournament.
When it comes to placing a wager, bookmakers will have assigned odds to both of the playing teams, for example:
Team A are playing against Team B. With Team A being the favourite, their odds will be lower than Team B’s, lets say 2-1. This means that for every £1 you place on Team A to win you’ll get £2 back. As Team B is the outsider, they’ll have better odds, e.g. 4-1.
CSGO Betting Advice
With the CSGO betting market constantly changing and growing, we work hard to stay ahead of the curve and provide you with all the knowledge you need to have a successful time when betting on eSports.
Free CS:GO Betting Sites
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (or CS:GO for short) is a multiplayer first-person shooter game, developed by Hidden Path Entertainment and Valve Corporation. Since its release, it has gone on to become extremely popular. One aspect of its popularity is the emerging CS:GO skin betting trend, which has spawned entire CS:GO betting sites in which people gamble real money on it.
It’s worth thousands of dollars on the Steam marketplace and players can use all in-game purchases as a form of gambling. But just what is it and how can you get your hands on some awesome CS:GO betting sites? Read on to find out more.
What Are CS:GO Free Betting Sites?
So what exactly is CS:GO betting? In short, it is a gambling system based on the in-game purchasable ‘skins’ that players can acquire in video games. The gambling part comes in when third-party betting sites place bets on certain skins which players can bet real money on. in 2016 alone, the CS:GO skin gambling industry was worth over five billion dollars.
The primary goal of CS:GO betting sites is to wager on the outcome of certain skins (which are normally put onto in-game weapons) during professional tournaments and the like.
It’s like horseracing, in a sense. You bet on the horse you think has the highest chance of winning the race and scoop up winnings based on the odds and the actual outcome.
But CS:GO isn’t the only game that does this. Here are just a few other games that make a profit out of skin gambling:
- Battlegrounds (PUBG)
- DOTA 2
- Battalion 1944
The gaming industry is very much aware of skin gambling and how profitable it is. In some countries, it is even banned. However, in the UK and much of Europe, it is still perfectly legal and a viable form of gambling.
How Do Free To Start CS:GO Betting Sites Work?
When put next to regular gambling sites and online casinos, the way CS:GO betting sites work is very simple. There are just a few steps one must go through in order to make a bet on any skin in the CS:GO game:
- Make a skin deposit to the site via a skin trade and you’ll get coins the same value of the skin’s worth;
- Once you acquire the coins on your accounts, use them as tokens to gamble and play games on the site;
- Withdraw winnings by buying the skins from the site’s marketplace and you will receive a trade with the skins you choose.
It’s super-simple and much more accessible than what one might call a ‘traditional’ betting sites. CS:GO betting sites also appeal to a whole new niche audience which explains why there is so much money in the industry.
Find The Best Free CS:GO Betting Website
Without a doubt, CS:GO betting site vary greatly in quality and sometimes it’s hard to differentiate between the good from the bad.
There are plenty of sites that must be avoided at all costs. However, there are definitely ones we recommend greatly. Here are some tips on how to identify the latter.
- Look at reliability and authenticity– Trust is absolutely essential with any betting site, let alone one dedicated to CS:GO. Search for sites that are well-established and have plenty of active players.
You can do this by looking at their social media pages. An active site will have plenty of players writing all over their Facebook and Twitter profiles. Take time to see what people are saying in the chatrooms. Bad sites get a lot of spam and receive plenty of complaints from angry customers.
- Examine the usability and design– The better CSGO betting sites have a well-functioning site with a design that pleases the eye. Sites that look cheap or outdated are best avoided. It’s clear from the look of those betting sites that the designers have no idea what they’re doing and might try to scam you.
- Great customer support– Look for a site that has strong customer support. Any betting site needs this as a solid foundation of their enterprise. Getting left in the dark by an CS:GO betting site, because of an issue that’s their fault is far from desirable. Look to their social media profiles and their chatrooms to get an idea or how good it is.
- Promotion schemes– While far from the most important aspect to any betting site, good promotional material shows that they know what they’re doing and value their customer’s coming back time and again. For CS:GO sites, free coins and free skins as a welcome bonus are usually standard.
- Look at withdrawals– Finally, when it comes to CS:GO betting sites, it’s essential to look to the withdrawals. You don’t want to not be able to withdraw. Try depositing some skins with low value and withdraw some others to see how it works.
Scam sites will disable withdrawals, so watch out for those. Also, check the prices in the withdrawal store is relative to the steam market price.
Promo Codes – CS:GO Betting Sites Free Coins
Most CS:GO betting sites offer promo codes or bonus codes to their players so that they can enjoy all their site has to offer. We have compiled some of the best promo codes we could find on the net that offer sign up bonuses, free coins and free credit to use.
- Using these is a great way to test out the site so you can decide if it’s for you or not!
- Head to CSGOfast.com and use the code IWXMC for 99 free coins to play with
Go to WTFSkins.com and redeem the code FEEEBCSGO for a gems bonus
- Use the code FEECSGOS for free coins at the following sites:
- Go to CSGOCrash.com right now and use the code: “TOW-35380” for a bonus
- Use the code BFCSGOW for free coins on the following sites:
- Redeem the code BFCSGOW on DrakeLounge.com in the promo code menu for free credits to bet on Esports CSGO matches
- Head to CSGORoll.com and redeem the code BFCGOW for a free bonus